In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(artery/disease) bronquialbronchial asthma — asma bronquial
- Histamine release produces increased bronchial tone in the lungs and vasodilation in the skin.
- Bleeding occurs most often from erosion of a bronchial artery and rarely from major pulmonary vessels.
- The medical term for lung cancer is bronchial carcinoma.
- They reduce mucosal oedema and bronchial hyperreactivity thus relieving acute symptoms and preventing structural damage to the lungs.
- In humans, the presence of asthma is associated with an increase in DC numbers in the bronchial mucosa.
- The lungs receive blood from the pulmonary and bronchial arterial systems.
- Pulmonary as well as bronchial arterial angiography did not identify any irregularity.
- Vascular and bronchial connections to surrounding tissue were evaluated at surgery.
- He said Mr Nutton died from bronchial pneumonia and a neurological disorder known as Binswanger's Disease.
- These potent chemicals dilate blood vessels and constrict bronchial air passages.
- Some of the mineral dusts can directly translocate into the bronchial mucosa without the help of macrophages.
- This suggests progressive bronchial and/or arterial disease in the infants.
- We observed that hypoxia is a common event in the mucosal capillary blood of bronchial tumors.
- The discoloration can also occur in nasal, bronchial mucosa, fingernails and toenails.
- It then continues cranialward to bifurcate into an appropriate intercostal and a right bronchial artery.
- On the other hand, melatonin reportedly induced contraction of bovine bronchial smooth muscle.
- Instances also occur of two distinct bronchial arteries for each lung.
- The distal bronchial lumen often ends abruptly because the smaller bronchi are plugged with mucus.
- It runs the entire length of the bronchial tree and forms an extensive submucosal bronchial plexus.
- Small bronchial arterial branches to the left upper lobe were ligated.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.