In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sometimes, the colds cause pneumonia or exacerbate chronic bronchitis or asthma.
- Similar issues arise in relation to bronchitis or asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.
- Some human lung diseases such as chronic bronchitis may leave the patient drowsy or even comatose because of the build up of carbon dioxide in the body.
- Pneumonia, bronchitis, and sinus and ear infections are three examples of complications from flu.
- Over the years, the patient had been hospitalized many times with bronchitis and pneumonia.
- Wilson and colleagues looked at emphysema and chronic bronchitis separately.
- They all presented with typical symptoms of bronchitis and recurrent sinusitis or otitis.
- This is a viral infection that typically causes conjunctivitis, bronchitis, rash and fever.
- Rarely, flu can develop into a high fever, acute bronchitis, encephalitis and pneumonia.
- Sometimes people with a chronic lung disease such as emphysema or bronchitis can take beta blockers.
- This means it is very bad for people with respiratory problems such as bronchitis and asthma.
- Moreover, about half of the subjects with new asthma also reported chronic bronchitis.
- A bout of influenza in 1997 developed into bronchitis and pneumonia and put him into hospital.
- In a few cases the symptoms appeared within the context of chronic bronchitis or late stage pneumonia.
- Laryngitis may also be a feature of bronchitis, pneumonia, flu or measles.
- It focused on therapy, and chronic bronchitis and emphysema were redefined.
- Differentiation between pneumonia and acute bronchitis is important because of the therapeutic consequences.
- Maternal smoking was associated with only wheezy bronchitis and not asthma.
- Sometimes the cough from acute bronchitis lasts for several weeks or months.
- Chronic bronchitis is an inflammation and eventual scarring of the lining of the bronchial tubes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.