In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With respect to the lungs, formalin was infused through the trachea or mainstem bronchi until the lungs were normally expanded.
- An air leak was later noted between the bronchus and the lung abscess so the abscess catheter was placed to a water seal in a Pleurovac.
- The tumor frequently extended to the adjacent lung parenchyma, bronchi, visceral pleura, and mediastinal soft tissues.
- During the six years of follow-up, 2,622 men and 1,406 women died from cancers of the lung, bronchus, or trachea.
- The bronchial courses caudally, beneath the arch of the azygos vein, to the right bronchus, where it follows the posterosuperior border of the bronchus to enter the lung.
- When you inhale, air is carried through the windpipe to your lungs in two major airways called bronchi.
- The outcome measure was death from cancer of the trachea, bronchus, or lung as the underlying cause, coded from the death certificate.
- Bacterial complications are: Infections of nose and pharynx, sinuses, infections of the bronchi, the lungs and the middle ear.
- Cancer can occur in the lining of these bronchi or in the lung tissue itself.
- After the experiments finished, the lungs, including trachea and bronchi, were dissected out and weighed.
- Emmprin has been found immunohistochemically in ciliated cells of normal bronchi and bronchi affected by squamous cell carcinoma.
- Minor salivary glands of mucinous type are also located in the nose, paranasal sinuses, the larynx, trachea and bronchi.
- The right lung was then carefully liberated from major bronchi and vessels, homogenized, and stored for analysis of hydroxyproline content.
- This network of alveoli, bronchioles, and bronchi is known as the bronchial tree.
- Virtual endoscopy has been used to evaluate the colon, bronchi, stomach, blood vessels, bladder, kidney, larynx, and paranasal sinuses.
- Augmentations in lung volume help constricted bronchi remain open, thereby attenuating the lumenal reductions.
- They are heard when there is consolidation of lung tissue with bronchi that open into the consolidation, such as occurs in pneumonia.
- Baseline measurements were attempted in the trachea, main bronchus, and lobar and segmentai bronchi, avoiding areas covered in mucus and sites of bleeding or previous lavage.
- The airways (trachea, bronchi, bronchioles) are surrounded by a type of involuntary muscle known as smooth muscle.
- The isolated lung tissues were divided into two portions: the trachea and main bronchus and the lungs.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.