In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prendedor masculinebroche masculine
- Look out too for the ultimate accessory: silk flowers on brooches and chokers.
- Military cloaks were fastened with brooches, so the Roman army had an important influence on brooch design.
- Last he took out a golden brooch with a few precious stones in it.
- There is also plenty of additional space available for bracelets, earrings, brooches and rings.
- Learn to make all types of jewellery - bracelets, pendants, brooches and rings, easily and affordably.
- Therefore, Crown jewels might include everything from the regalia to swords, tiaras, rings and brooches.
- Usually, a woman also accessorizes with a bracelet, ring and necklace to go along with a brooch.
- Goldsmiths and silversmiths make earrings, brooches, and bracelets, which are especially noted for their filigree work.
- A fabulous collection of ladies costume jewellery by Pave includes brooches, earrings, necklaces and gorgeous gift sets starting at very affordable prices.
- She saw a selection of silver brooches at a jewelry store.
- Also choose from a range of bracelets, chains and brooches which are uniquely different and often more appealing than current trends.
- More within the reach of the novice collector are the myriad of smaller novelty pieces, from the cameo brooch to the charm bracelet.
- Find any photo of me on a significant occasion and you'll see me wearing a brooch, a ring or a necklace that comes from that earlier time.
- The resulting bracelets and brooches were realised in gold and enamel, encrusted with a dazzling array of precious gemstones.
- I saw silver rings and a gold brooch, jewelled knives and other finely worked objects.
- A red sash curved from her left shoulder down to her right hip, and a golden brooch fastened the garb at her right shoulder.
- There are always gold earrings, necklaces, brooches, bracelets and rings for some special holiday flash.
- They dug up thousands of plates, brooches, hairpins and pendants, carefully placed for the afterlife with the bodies of wealthy rulers entombed in royal burial chambers.
- The silver animal pendants, brooches and ear studs are appended to a miniature carrier bag on which a little poem is written.
- They made off with a silver charm bracelet, two passports, a gold brooch and a silver chain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.