In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- You're still very drunk and have decided to visit a local brothel before going back to barracks.
- It is illegal to run a brothel, which constitutes premises where more than one prostitute is working.
- With legalised brothels the prostitutes could be forced to have regular check ups for STD's.
- With Matt as the spokesperson, drugs houses and brothels did not last long in the area.
- Hundreds of new Asian prostitutes are coming to work in the new Asian brothels that are being set up in this country.
- He owned the building where the brothel was housed and the business was registered in his name, she said.
- Does he mind the public knowing that he has visited lap-dancing clubs and brothels?
- In Belgium, self-employed prostitutes are legal but brothels are not.
- They were children and young women marked for sale into brothels and whorehouses.
- In other news, Blunkett is apparently looking at decriminalising brothels in a bid to make prostitutes safer.
- Traffickers are paid a sum of money for each woman and girl they deliver to a brothel or pimp.
- Four girls were not told where they were going before they were taken to the brothel.
- Married for 29 years, he acknowledges he visited brothels as a sailor in the communist era.
- This parcel he took to a local brothel and presented to a prostitute he knew.
- People who work on the streets generally are younger than your average sex worker in a brothel.
- In the port of Cadiz, he made drawings of prostitutes on the street and in brothels.
- Men will be taught to respect women, to abandon their old-fashioned views of patriarchy and stop visiting brothels.
- The City of South Sydney has taken the bold step of trialling safe house brothels.
- This in turn would mean the prostitutes would get better business in the brothels.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.