In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1enana marrón feminineenana café feminine Mexico Central America Chile
- The red object appears to be a planet orbiting the brighter brown dwarf star, seen here as blue-white.
- In February and March of this year, the astronomers took new images of the young brown dwarf and its giant planet companion with the NACO instrument on European Southern Observatory's Very Large Telescope in northern Chile.
- The research team targeted young stars since planets and brown dwarfs are brighter when they are young.
- Both extrasolar planets and brown dwarfs give off most of their energy in the infrared region of the spectrum.
- Almost the size of a brown dwarf star, it was a gas giant planet that had been wandering loose in interstellar space, and our star had attracted it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.