In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1morena femininemorocha feminine Southern Cone
- I had met women of all shapes and sizes; blondes, brunettes and redheads, some bubbly, some serious, some supremely confident, others slightly hesitant.
- Keep in mind that blondes and dark-haired brunettes look stunning in hair jewels that are silvery, brilliant white crystal or diamond or have stark white hues.
- Yeah, you get these guys who make their minds up and only like blondes or brunettes.
- Navy blue looks best of all, perhaps, worn by brown-eyed brunettes - which is one reason why the Italians and the French love it so much.
- In the 20 films, the British spy has encountered 58 Bond girls; 29 were brunettes, 25 were blondes, and just four were redheads.
- Who typically has more hair: blondes, brunettes or redheads?
- I've always liked brunettes better, he thought, Clarissa's beautiful dark locks coming into his mind - until he remembered Ella's golden hair.
- Maybe this dress just works best on brunettes with long curly hair!
- I saw her immediately, since she sort of stood out mixed in with all of the brunettes, red heads, and blondes.
- I forgot that Austin has a thing for brunettes and redheads, but female Marines know how to handle themselves.
- After dealing with frizz and the issues faced by blondes, he turned his attention to brunettes, whose main complaint was dull, listless hair.
- They were are all short, gorgeous, had brown or hazel eyes, and all of them were brunettes.
- The two girls, both brunettes, were wearing prom-like dresses, one in lilac and the other in powder blue, with matching flowers in their hair, which looked like at least an hours' worth of work.
- Baby or candy pink is best for blondes, especially when they're sporting a tan, and magenta or fuchsia pink (sometimes called shocking pink) is safest on brunettes.
- We're both big-haired brunettes of about the same age.
- Meanwhile, this is a big week for finding out that people whom you thought were brunettes are actually natural blondes.
- My hair wasn't the pretty hair that most brunettes had.
- We're allowed - and even encouraged - to develop preferences for blondes, brunettes, redheads, etc, within our western culture.
- But, how can there be a line of hair products for brunettes?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.