In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- One eye shone a shimmering amber with a thin slit of a pupil scanning the scene below while the other was an unmoving brushed gold orb.
- Union made in the USA, this cap is made of heavyweight brushed cotton/polyester bull twill.
- The curved bezel and shiny brushed finish just floored me.
- Her other creations include a range of nightwear for kids using brushed cotton, and formal wear for women.
- The menu comes on an A5 sheet of high-quality paper, with its corners slipped into slits on a thick sheet of brushed copper.
- At just £2,140 for a black and grey brushed wool number, who could resist?
- The drive itself has a brushed silver/chrome look to it, and is shaped to fit your hand somewhat.
- When all of this was accomplished, the entire levergun was finished in brushed nickel and a composite stock was added.
- It was the sun reflecting off the brushed stainless steel surface of the familiar DeLorean.
- The aluminum bands and rivets that comprise the work can only speak of the brushed surface or the inexorable flatness of the metal.
- The nylon band loops through fixed rings on the brushed stainless-steel housing rather than attaching to fragile pins.
- Moving down from the dashboard the gear-lever has a brushed alloy cover which, at first glance, makes this six-speed manual look like an automatic.
- Choose from brushed or lacquered copper, natural painted aluminum, and white.
- I just hadn't expected to spot them at the breakfast table in brushed polyester with mother-of-pearl buttons.
- The brushed silver appearance is also nice, though no other colours are available if silver isn't for you.
- Public stairways throughout are stainless steel with brushed aluminum accents.
- In back, a counter tiled in red glass fronts an open kitchen of brushed steel.
- This picture also gives you a close-up look at the brushed aluminium finish of the case.
- It cost about £40 in my house to replace every switch with a snazzy brushed chrome effect affair.
- Despite the small dimensions, there's a complete set of PC components hiding inside that brushed silver and black chassis.
- Cut your choice of molding to fit around the mirror and paint it, using neutral colors or a brushed gold or silver.
- Stainless steel is the most common material; durable and easy to live with, in brushed or polished finishes.
- Nielsen Bainbridge offers a wide variety of silvers, from a raw aluminum look to a steel gray to brushed tones in its German silver.
- I push back the bedspread and the warm cocoon of brushed cotton sheets.
- I am fortunate in my case, since the brushed aluminum finish by MountainMods has no paint.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.