In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1col de Bruselas femininerepollito de Bruselas masculine South America
- Brassica vegetables such as broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and cauliflower are rich in indole - 3-carbinol, which may reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Broccoli and other cruciferous vegetables like cabbage, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, can help prevent cancer and ward off heart disease.
- Cauliflower is a cruciferous vegetable (other members of this family include broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cabbage).
- Studies show cruciferous vegetables such as cabbage, broccoli and Brussels sprouts have anticancer properties, especially when minimally cooked.
- To include indirect antioxidants in your diet, eat daily servings of broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and citrus fruits and drink green tea.
- Next, fill your plate with cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and kale.
- Examples of cruciferous vegetables include broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, and turnip greens.
- Warren recommends eating plenty of cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, turnips and kale, which are high in antioxidants.
- You can also use vegetables like carrots, butternut squash, turnips, potatoes, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, asparagus, spring onions, and peeled garlic cloves.
- I was tempted by the hot savoury pancakes, the zucchini cheese pastry, the foie gras with poppy folio and the stuffed Brussel sprouts, but am a sucker for asparagus and could not resist it in hollandaise sauce.
- Food sources of folic acid include dried beans and peas, liver, avocado, asparagus, spinach, Brussels sprouts, oranges, romaine lettuce, and wheat germ.
- Vegetables to stock up on include broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, spinach, kale and cauliflower.
- Vegetables like cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, and turnips may reduce the risk of cancerous tumors.
- All our dishes came with tureens of roast potatoes, new potatoes, carrots, broccoli, Brussels sprouts and green beans tossed with bacon bits.
- Eat plenty of broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower and watercress (preferably organic).
- Other examples of the class are kale, rutabaga, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, kohlrabi, and collard.
- In the meantime it may help to avoid gas-producing foods, including beans, broccoli, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, eggplant, radishes and onions.
- Zinc is also abundant in spinach, parsley, collard greens, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, string beans and prunes.
- To serve, spoon some pearl onions and Brussels sprouts leaves in the center of a plate, set two pieces of yellowtail on top, and sprinkle with fleur de sel.
- The vegetables include creamed cauliflower, mashed potato, roast potato, carrots, peas, Brussels sprouts and cabbage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.