In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cóctel de jugo de naranja y champán o vino espumante
- Some time later we were all given a complimentary bottle of Bucks Fizz.
- My Hogmanay was typified by three games of Cluedo with the kids, a glass of Bucks Fizz and a handful of inedible snacks to the accompaniment of increasingly loud Chinese fireworks.
- Residents from the homes for the elderly complex enjoyed a glass of Bucks Fizz as they mingled with the dignitaries before the centrepiece of the day - the official opening of the Homes' new, specially designed, gates.
- The Sunday papers are spread messily around, and the hiss from our glasses of Buck's Fizz competes with the crackling log fire to be the most pleasurable sound.
- Members of the Bolton Sub-Aqua Club went to High Rid reservoir in Lostock for a morning dive, where they drank Bucks Fizz and enjoyed a barbecue to welcome in 2003.
- Glass of sherry, Pimms, Bucks Fizz or wine/soft drinks on arrival
- Celebrate St George's Day on Friday with a Bucks Fizz reception and five-course dinner at Kirkby Lonsdale Institute.
- Of course Christmas Day kicks off with a glass of Buck's Fizz accompanied by bagels and smoked salmon before the neighbours call round for sherry and mince pies.
- Meeting Michelle's future in-laws went very well; especially after we'd consumed a few bottles of Buck's Fizz.
- You will be treated to a Brass Band and Bucks Fizz reception as you board the East Lancashire Steam Train at Bolton Street Station, Bury.
- Free racecards will be available to all racegoers and there will be a Bucks Fizz reception in all enclosures from 12.15 pm until the first race to celebrate the return of racing to Catterick.
- My mum spoiled me with breakfast in bed, toast, scrambled egg, smoked salmon and Bucks Fizz.
- The event at the Winners Lounge on June 26 starts at 7.30 pm and will include a Bucks Fizz reception, dinner, music, a raffle and an auction.
- We drank Bucks Fizz in the kitchen with her while she chatted about her favourite products.
- The Celebration Ball, sponsored by HSBC and Schofield Sweeney Solicitors, will begin at 7pm with a Bucks Fizz reception.
- But there was good food and plenty of Bucks Fizz so a good evening.
- Average costs for 60 people including Bucks Fizz, a three course meal, 40 bottles of wine, Champagne for the toasts, a finger buffet in the evening and the first round of drinks at the bar will not leave you much change from £5,000.
- And, just in case that's not good enough for you, there was a huge display of Babycham Bucks Fizz in Tesco today.
- Marks & Spencer, at Crossgates, Leeds, was another supporter of the event, giving Bucks Fizz for all the winners.
- The goods taken, which included 12 bottles of Buck's Fizz, vintage bottles of spirits and a bottle of champagne, were all to be used as prizes in a draw at the German Shepherd Welfare Fund's charity day in September.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.