- To the right is a wilderness, abandoned to brambles, ground elder, bindweed and buddleia.
- The fountain buddleia (also known as the alternate leaf butterfly bush) has long, arching branches that, when blooming, resemble a lavender fountain.
- They planted a spring flowering cherry tree, two buddleia bushes and a laurel bush, along with daffodil bulbs.
- Instead of throwing the buddleia, rose or other prunings away use them as hardwood cuttings and plant in a trench in a sheltered part of the garden.
- The buddleia is just coming into flower and mid-summer clematis are covered in fat buds that will soon bloom.