In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1also buff leathergamuza feminine
- Pelage color varies considerably, but is usually some shade of brown, gray, or buff.
- Brick with blurred colors or flecks of color in earthy tones of red, brown, black and buff appear completely at home in a rustic setting.
- The breast and abdomen of the male were buff with heavy markings of dark brown to black.
- Today there are withy beds in the Southwest that produce willow withies in white, buff and brown.
- These are characterized by small villages of rectangular pit-houses, cremation of the dead, and plain grey or brown pottery, sometimes painted red on buff.
- Although they are commonly red or buff in colour with low contents of organic matter, their coloration is mainly of diagenetic origin and is not exclusive to these deposits.
- C. infundibuliformis is funnel-shaped, as the specific name indicates, and has a cap of variable colour: buff, ochre, brown, or reddish.
- Light-morph birds are generally brown above and pale brown or buff below, with a white chin, throat, and chest, and a dark belly - band.
- Eight colours can be made out from the tapestry; the five main colours are blue-green, terracotta, light-green, buff and grey-blue.
- The presence of certain chemicals, such as iron oxide or other organic and mineral impurities, affects the colour of the baked product, and the firing of terracotta may cause the colour to vary from light buff to deep red.
- During the last financial year I have fallen into the unhealthy habit of not opening bills or indeed anything buff and brown with my name typed on it.
- The whole room is a zebra pelt of black and white and that colour that has been the fashion staple for so long they've invented a dozen names for it - taupe, camel, fawn, buff.
- There are more than 200 varieties in many different colours including make-up shades like buff, rose, chocolate and cream.
- Melanin, which provides a range of colors from gray to black, buff to red-brown and brown, provides camouflage for many birds and display colors for others.
- Many of the seed-eating columbids are buff, grey and brown colors, while the fruit-eaters are often more brightly colored.
- Juveniles are overall streaked brown and buff.
- Body fur may be black, brown, grey, buff, red, white or multi-coloured, with many varieties of face markings.
- If you prefer lighter shades, pale blue and buff always look tremendous together.
- The white underside of this sparrow is streaked with buff and brown across the breast.
- In the raffle, if they call out ticket 315, chances are I'll have it, but in buff when they want blue.
- Further, electrolytic polishing in a phosphoric acid solution or polishing with a buff can be conducted instead of the chemical polishing.
- The method of manufacturing a resin filled board according to claim 3, wherein said surfaces of said conductive layer are mechanically polished using a buff.
1(metal) pulir(floor/shoes) sacar brillo a
- Then it's just a matter of using another clean cloth to buff the wax off.
- Once the iron sheet is buffed to give it the dull sheen the engraving work is taken up.
- She smoothed paste wax on the old red linoleum and buffed it by hand.
- When placed against the hot glass, the pad steams and smokes, forming a layer of carbon that helps to buff the glass.
- Solvent removes dirt and old wax, and leaves a thin wax coating which must be buffed.
- The makeup artist has smoothed and buffed the skin of his face, highlighting the wide planes of his cheekbones.
- So I shaved, brushed my teeth, deep-conditioned my hair, exfoliated, moisturised, filed and buffed my nails, and yet it still wasn't enough.
- The most beautiful was a series of small graphite paintings, buffed to a dull sheen that recalls the surfaces of ancient mirrors.
- Waxed surface may be buffed occasionally to restore shine.
- After the first coat has dried it should be buffed with No. 2 steel wool.
- It must be thoroughly buffed, following directions on wax label.
- The wooden floor is buffed to a cherry-red shine that lends a little jolliness.
- This surface is then buffed and polished with ever finer materials, like lambs wool, until the characteristic lustre is achieved.
- The wooden slats are cut, sanded, buffed, and finished by hand before being stained or painted (in a wide variety of colors), and cotton is used for the tapes and cords.
- Underneath, an orange jumper, a light jacket with a peachy-orange check, an orange handkerchief tucked into his pocket and the shiniest light-tan leather shoes, buffed to mirrored perfection.
- As an 8-year-old entrepreneur, I collected golf balls, buffed them to a glossy shine and bartered them back to golf enthusiasts on the 14th hole.
- Then, the blades are sintered at a temperature of over 1,000 degrees, surface finished, tumbled and buffed.
- Their boots were buffed into black mirrors, the red bands around their caps looked like slashes of blood against the khaki.
- It must have taken me about ten minutes to select my favourite - and by that time, the chatty beautician had filed and buffed my fingernails, ready for painting.
- When I'm done I'll rub on a paste wax of some sort and buff the piece to a soft glow.
1(made of buff)de gamuza
2(buff-colored)(invariable adjective) beige(invariable adjective) beis Spain
1(enthusiast)aficionado masculineaficionada femininemovie / film buff — cinéfila feminine
- a jazz buff — un aficionado al jazz
- To get you started, here are a few great ideas for everyone on your list from the yoga lover to the car enthusiast to the beauty buff.
- The main problem being that no matter how enthusiastically a wine buff describes their cheeky little wine from Anjou, the viewer is left unable to smell or taste it.
- An important story, the CD is ideal for history buffs, or anyone interested in the Sally Hemings-Thomas Jefferson story.
- Film theory buffs and nerds alike certainly will go rabid with delight at the mere notion that such a film exists for consumption.
- It's the perfect partner for workout enthusiasts and exercise buffs!
- Observation shows that forged paintings are usually offered to novice art collectors, art buffs who are too lazy to learn about the subject or those who believe they are really knowledgeable in art matters.
- For example, offering a net-based service costs very little and the expertise is often found among young computer buffs.
- If you're a film score buff or someone interested in good 20th century music, this CD issue won't disappoint.
- He is a film buff, theatre-goer, art connoisseur, reader and amateur boxing referee.
- Young computer buffs are lining up to catch a rare glimpse of endangered red squirrels - by using quick ‘mouse’ action.
- As film buffs know, sequels seldom live up to the original.
- But history buffs, particularly those interested in Southern history, will still find much to like - and learn - in Big Cotton.
- Film music buffs will want more complete realizations of these scores, but the present CD is excellent and an economical purchase for more moderate types.
- You don't need to be a film buff to enjoy the movies or a football fanatic to watch a game.
- Beyond the obvious implications for sci-fi buffs and other space enthusiasts, the episode sheds light on the versatility of free enterprise.
- An evening for film buffs and all those interested in exploring the elusive, unending question of the Indian identity.
- But even devoted space buffs long ago lost interest in the shuttle program.
- Older readers of Cotswold history buff Dennis Hughes' latest book are guaranteed a musical trip down memory lane.
- Well, this Film Snob says you're not a film buff if you don't watch older movies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.