In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1albañil masculine(contractor) contratista femininea firm of builders — una (empresa) constructora
- builder's labourer — peón albañil
- builder's merchant — comerciante del sector de la construcción
- builder's yard — barraca
- Most new homes are covered by NHBC insurance for a decade, which ensures that any major difficulties with the house will have to be repaired by the builders.
- He told the court his house had been flooded and builders who made repairs while he was working away had left the keys at the King's Head for him to collect.
- If the house is finished late, the builder pays the interest on the construction loan that the buyers are paying.
- She plans to add an additional extension to the front of the house before the builders pack up and leave.
- A baker knows when a loaf of bread is done and a builder knows when a house is finished.
- Using local builders, the houses were built by the provincial department of housing under the People's Housing Process.
- Handel's peace was soon disrupted by builders, plasterers and masons.
- Supervising the bidding, helping to select a builder and monitoring construction also demand time.
- Since you are buying a brand new home, the builder should take responsibility for this repair.
- It's like providing the bricks but supplying no builders and expecting the house to build itself.
- It's like a builder selling you a house and charging extra to put locks on the doors.
- After getting a construction estimate from a builder, we decided to save money by having me act as the general contractor.
- Discuss the house plans with your builder, and make sure each of these spaces is insulated to the recommended R-values.
- At some point many homeowners want a home designed just the way they want it, not some house from a cookie cutter builder.
- I am renovating our house at the moment and my builder is enjoying the building ideas as much as I do!
- Fitzpatrick denied that higher house prices were in builders ' interests and said his members wanted to promote price stability.
- The stone seller will give advice and the builder or tiler who lays your flooring will quite often know very little about the product.
- Can we legally refuse the cash and insist that the builder perform the repairs?
- Traditional builders use adobe blocks made from a mix of clay-rich soil, sand, straw and water.
- My concern is a high repair bill if my builder says it is out of the one-year warranty.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.