In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These are quite old fashioned toys, like wooden building blocks, wooden yachts and so on.
- It consists of seven boxes that purport to contain sets of the popular Lego brand plastic building blocks.
- The cars, building blocks and dolls are a colourful reminder of the cares of motherhood.
- He wrote children's books and invented numerous toys, including building blocks and the first children's paint-box.
- Lego has come a long way from simple bricks: the Robotics Invention System is modern-day Meccano that brings a touch of Nasa-style interaction to the basic building block.
- There are no words in the wall of the children's lettered building blocks.
- Halfway across the room Tamela sat by herself, sulkily hitting plastic building blocks against each other.
- Little Aaron found his niche playing with building blocks and was well settled by the time his parents left.
- The room was soon filled with rocking horses, toy trains, model airplanes, and building blocks.
- In the Mendelson hall, for example, there is a box of Lego and another of wooden building blocks.
- Its building blocks are black plastic milk crates, and it is topped with a sheet of corrugated red metal.
- He bent down and pick up the item, one of Joey's toy building blocks.
- If adults found building blocks and Tinker toys as fascinating as toddlers do, they'd sell them in Sharper Image.
- In water play, children discover their own building blocks and sculpture materials.
cubo, ladrillo etc de juego educativo
3(component)componente básico masculine
- This was important to physicists because all the basic building blocks of matter are fermions.
- The traditional family and family roles are considered to be basic building blocks of patriarchy.
- The program components are building blocks for good leadership: awareness, competence and respect.
- We are accustomed to regarding the sovereign nation-state as the basic building block of world order.
- A big lesson of the last few decades of cell biology is that all cells use the same basic building blocks for a large number of processes.
- It's a food chain that ranges from giant fields and plumes of the basic building block bacteria to curious octopuses and swarms of shrimp and crabs and red-tipped worms.
- Plants make their own food, from a dozen basic building blocks that they borrow from the environment.
- The organic molecule, a basic building block of proteins, is found in all kinds of fish - not just the oily varieties thought to be the most healthy.
- Indian leaders saw education and technology as the building blocks of their infant nation's future.
- Stem cells, taken from embryos, are the basic building blocks from which tissues and organs grow.
- Education is a basic building block of human development.
- Just as stars are the building blocks of galaxies, galaxies are the building blocks of the universe.
- When I was going to those places, sometimes I would have to take what would roughly equate to an infantry section, which is the basic building block of a military unit.
- These two chapters provide the basic building blocks for the rest of the book.
- Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, and proteins are the building blocks of muscle mass.
- Here are four steps that will provide the basic building blocks for a prosperous future.
- Again, the conclusion is that there is a rather small region of parameter space in which the basic building blocks of chemical complexity can exist.
- As Maggie herself has pointed out, the institution of marriage is one of the basic building blocks of every society.
- The basic building block is a centralized mail repository, a place where users go for all their messages.
- You cannot claim to be an educated person, while remaining ignorant of these basic building blocks of our civilisation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.