In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in UK)sociedad de crédito hipotecario femininesociedad de ahorro y préstamo para la vivienda feminine
- As a result, banks and building societies have been chopping their savings rates although you may not necessarily know it.
- Most banks and building societies typically respond to a base rate cut with the announcement that they will cut savings rates.
- High-rise flats or tower blocks are considered by many banks and building societies unsuitable for mortgage lending.
- In other words, banks and building societies have been using base-rate changes to widen their margins and boost their profits.
- We will use the unclaimed assets of banks and building societies to rebuild the pension funds of people who have lost out through no fault of their own.
- Investment International asked offshore banks and building societies for their tips on getting the best value from your deposits.
- It has more than 30 clients, ranging from banks and building societies to insurance companies and finance houses.
- On the other hand, my sister saved hard for years and was rewarded with windfall shares when her building society became a bank.
- As ever, we have selected a few types of deposit account and ranked the banks / building societies accordingly.
- Surely the interest paid over the life of the mortgage is enough for banks and building societies to absorb the costs themselves
- As the accompanying table shows, a number of banks and building societies are now offering special rates for investors.
- Of course, there is also the additional risk that the building society or bank could run into financial trouble.
- Most banks and building societies will lend to customers who do not have a deposit, usually first-time buyers.
- Generations grew up saving with their local building societies, which they later approached for home loans.
- Millions of people buy life insurance from the most expensive source: high-street banks and building societies.
- None of the banks or building societies would lend them any money.
- In a hugely competitive market, building societies and banks are continually updating and extending their range of mortgages.
- It may deter housebuilders from providing homes for which there is a local demand and building societies from providing mortgage finance.
- Child Trust Fund accounts are available from banks, building societies and other financial organisations.
- Later, other lenders jumped on board the lucrative credit bandwagon, including building societies and smaller banks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.