1.1(constructed)the school is built around a courtyard — la escuela está construida alrededor de un patio
- our shoes are built to last — nuestros zapatos están hechos / fabricados para que duren
- the show is built around her act — el espectáculo gira en torno a su actuación
- to be built of/out of sth — estar hecho de algo
- to be built into sth
- the aquarium is built into the wall — el acuario está empotrado en la pared
- a safety device is built into the system — el sistema lleva un mecanismo de seguridad incorporado
1.2(physically)he's built like an ox — es muy corpulento
- she's heavily built — es de complexión robusta
- she's slightly built — es menuda
- A team of four heavily built labourers had been contracted to demolish the old building to make way for a new office block.
- Leuke, a strongly built lad was a tower of strength to the Sri Lanka team.
- He was stoutly built, not yet of middle age, and riding a horse, who like himself, had seen brighter days.
- It was a roughly built man with a short, curly beard that went from his chin up to his ears.
- Ariane looked over at her thinly built friend, and tried to give a reassuring smile.
- He was a tall, robustly built person and I felt my arm joints aching after his jerky double hand shake.
- He was slightly built, almost gaunt, and appeared to be aged somewhere between thirty and forty years.
- She looked up to see a very strongly built man, who looked more suitable as a bouncer than a clerk.
- King Hienal was a tall, muscular, powerfully built man with brown hair that was quickly going gray.
- Seated on the right throne was a generously built man, clad in flowing robes.
- Avery picked up her books and turned around to face a strongly built figure towering over her.
- The six riders jumped at the thunderous exclamation from a bush, which revealed a tall, solidly built man brandishing a sword.
- He was a long and slimly built man with the grace and appearance of an undertaker.
- He is powerfully built, dressed in dark colours and a leather bomber-jacket.
- Yet she seemed to enjoying the thought of his largely built figure looming over her with his raven coloured eyes staring into hers.
- For such a large and powerfully built man, Micah was a bit of a pushover.
- They were lightly built and were probably opportunistic feeders, eating insects as well as small vertebrates.
- She's a small, lightly built girl, but she was into grinding the winches and pulling the main sheets on and she was all over the boat.
- A university graduate who savagely murdered his slightly built mother has been jailed for life.
- Aidan snapped out of his thoughts to see the owner of the voice was a tall, heavily built man with a glowing sword in his hands.
2(describing people)stockily built — de complexión fuerte
- athletically built — con físico de atleta