In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bulimia (nerviosa) feminine
- The other main eating disorder is bulimia nervosa, which is characterised by cycles of bingeing and purging (ridding the body of the excess food usually by vomiting or laxatives).
- Anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder are illnesses associated with maladaptive eating regulation responses and are most commonly seen in women.
- Eating disorders, anorexia nervosa, and bulimia nervosa, are characterised by morbid preoccupation with weight and shape and manifest through distorted or chaotic eating behaviour.
- The group developed questions addressing the main features of anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa using focus groups of patients with eating disorders and specialists in eating disorders.
- Anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa are two common eating disorders, and affect women in particular.
- The eating disorders, anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa, have received increased scientific and public interest during the past decade.
- The American Psychiatric Association characterizes anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa as biopsychosocial disorders that result in distortions in self-image and self-perception.
- An illness that resembles bulimia nervosa is binge eating disorder.
- Together, these forces can lead to self-sustaining eating disorders, primarily anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa.
- The key feature of the major eating disorders, anorexia and bulimia nervosa, is a phobic fear of fatness that leads to self-induced starvation or bingeing and purging.
- The principal eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and nonspecified eating disorder.
- Young women from the developed world who restrict their dietary intake are at highest risk of developing bulimia nervosa and other eating disorders.
- It's important to distinguish binge eating disorder from other eating disorders, such as bulimia nervosa and anorexia nervosa.
- Currently, 30 percent of Americans are obese, compared with the 4 percent who meet criteria for anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, or binge-eating disorder.
- Feel disgusted, depressed, or guilty after overeating binge-eating also takes place in another eating disorder called bulimia nervosa.
- These disorders include anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorder.
- Childhood obesity is rising (affecting 15% of children at the last estimate in September) but so is the prevalence of the eating disorders anorexia and bulimia nervosa.
- This text examines how clinicians in the psychiatry field treat anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge-eating disorders.
- The guidance on eating disorders advocates a holistic approach in caring for people with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and less common eating disorders such as binge eating.
- I think if you looked for people with eating disorders with a bulimic component, either bulimic anorexics or bulimia nervosa, then you're looking at a higher rate, something nearer to 50%.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.