In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(protectora de parachoques) defensa delantera masculine
- These included creating a specific body to investigate road crashes and banning retro-fitted bull bars.
- Officers are also trying to trace a larger car, possibly a 4x4 with bull bars, which struck the victim from behind.
- Remove bull bars because they pose a needless additional risk for pedestrians
- But one piece of legislation that can't come too soon is a ban on bull bars.
- And I'm one, if hit by the proverbial SUV with bull bars tomorrow, I'd leave everyone behind in a state of total confusion.
- I would describe them as wheelchairs with bull bars.
- But one piece of legislation that can't come too soon is a ban on bull bars, an outrageously vicious addition especially in urban London.
- In such situations I would applaud if the bus driver turned into the traffic and bounced a couple of SUVs off the road using pre-fitted giant bull bars.
- My parents live in the country and don't own one; wake up you city-dwellers driving your utterly unsafe, top-heavy, roll-prone personal tanks bristling with cyclist-slaying bull bars!
- The styling and sleek lines offered these days are a million miles away from the aggressive ‘come on then, if you want a fight’ models with their bull bars and in-your-face bodywork.
- We know that type of bull bar is very aggressive to unprotected road users.
- Options include front passenger airbag, ABS brakes and a variety of bull bars.
- His organisation is also calling for a ban on the use of bull bars on all vehicles and compulsory use of lights during daytime driving.
- A nice mid-90's, three-quarter ton Ford truck, turbo-diesel four by four, with front bull bar, roll bar and winch.
- One day I might get around to polishing the bull bar.
- It doesn't have all those bull bars and monster-truck looks of some off-roaders.
- Consider the size and positioning of driving lights, winch, number plates and particularly bull bar air flow.
- Once you have weighed up the pros and cons of all the cars on offer, buy an enormous four-wheel drive with bull bars, spotlights and a satellite navigation system.
- Another witness said the accused had come to him for a new bull bar, and replaced his own more stylish bull bar with a heavier model.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.