In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sujetapapeles (de pinza) masculine
- Barry handed him another receipt taken from another bulldog clip.
- Such works are hung with bulldog clips, giving the impression that one is entering the artist's workspace, a technique that seems to have found much favour in the gallery world of late.
- Messages for the duty controller were passed down from the gallery using a bulldog clip tied on to the end of what looked like a broomstick.
- I told her to look on the card, which had been held together with the others by a bulldog clip.
- It was all done with a pastry board and a bulldog clip.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.