In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tablero de anuncios masculinetablón de anuncios masculine Spaincartelera feminine Latin Americadiario mural masculine Chilebefore noun bulletin board system — sistema de tablero / tablón de anuncios masculine
- This makes running a bulletin board difficult and potentially expensive, especially for a company with enough money to make it worth launching a libel action.
- More experienced hackers with programming skills develop hacker programs and post them to the Web and to bulletin board systems.
- A bulletin board system operator will be held responsible for what topics are and what the commentators say.
- It falls somewhere between a content management system, a web bulletin board system, and a weblog.
- Although there are Internet bulletin board systems, forums and blogs, they reflect but do not impact public trends and opinions.
- I'm thinking about putting up a bulletin board to give us more ways to interact with each other.
- A quick look at the official Web site bulletin board shows that people are already demanding more than the half-hour slot provided.
- This is a bulletin board system at which hundreds of people can post essays and commentaries on current affairs.
- It has been 25 years since online community found its humble beginnings via the first computer bulletin board.
- Years ago, I used to write stories with other people, using online bulletin board systems (BBSs).
- Share the article with your favorite bulletin board, newsgroup, or website.
- With the Internet, all they have to do is to post the rumors at the bulletin board systems or blogs and then the netizens will propagate the information.
- Customers are greeted with a glass of wine, a personal profile is filled out and a photo is taken and posted on a bulletin board.
- This was the time of the electronic bulletin board system, or BBS.
- Since I am not a computer bulletin board participant, I have asked that the following be posted for me by a friend.
- They sponsor and supervise online chatrooms, bulletin board message exchanges and keep the email systems running on track.
- Before long, other bulletin board users were placing the smiley face in their messages.
- The user collects payments by observing the contents of the bulletin board and decrypting those corresponding to his private key.
- This is the same old story that has been repeated so many times on the bulletin board systems.
- I thought for sure someone had already created a great web based bulletin board system, but in fact, no one had.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.