In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1parachoques masculineparagolpes masculine Latin Americadefensa feminine Mexicobómper masculine Colombiathe cars were bumper to bumper — los coches iban pegados unos a otros
- Side rock rails matched by a similar rail under the front bumper complete the exterior changes, designed to make the Renegade the rugged image leader in the Cherokee line up.
- Today's featured products include OEM-quality body and exterior auto parts like hood, bumpers, doors, fender, spoilers, wheels and headlights.
- The sensual styling is complemented by body coloured bumpers, stylish front fog lamps and tinted glass.
- The space between the front bumper and the rear edge of the engine undercover are designed to compress the airflow.
- But if you truly fear death by animal, pitch the car keys: Deer kill about 14 Americans per month, mostly through collisions with front bumpers.
- For example, the filter assembly is placed between the open area between the front bumper and wheel.
- Front end appeal is set off by new mesh radiator grilles, larger bumpers and tear-shaped front lamps.
- After a year, the Ford Aspire had minor changes done in that included new front and rear bumpers, headlamps, turn signals, tail lamps, and wheel covers.
- External changes include three air intakes and a lipped front air dam integrated into the front bumper with two circular front fog-lamps.
- Front and rear bumpers are executed with steel beams covered with energy absorbent foam.
- There was no inside release for it or the rear hatch, and the hood folded forward toward the front bumper, though it had an inside release.
- In the future the system may also deploy external airbags on the front bumpers to protect pedestrians.
- The front corners are more chamfered, the headlights cut into the bumper, flanking a lower front grille.
- There was a little damage to the front bumper on the right side and he did not bother getting it fixed.
- Because of the split in the front bumper, the car won't be able to sit as low and drag, or the front dam will be worn off, resulting in a massive loss of downforce.
- This airbag is deployed from just above the front bumper when a frontal collision is imminent.
- Usually such damages will weaken the bumper's ability to absorb the shock of collision.
- He turned up ten minutes later with a smashed up car and his front bumper in the back seat.
- My friend did not move out of the way fast enough for the horn blowing couple and was actually ‘nudged’ by the front bumper of the car.
- The sharp-eyed will notice slight changes to the front bumper, upgraded xenon headlights and a modified rear spoiler.
1(year/crop) (invariable adjective) récord(crop/year) extraordinario(edition) extra(pack) gigante
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.