In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coche de choque masculineauto de choque masculine Latin Americacarrito chocón masculine Mexico Venezuelaautito chocador masculine Southern Conecarro loco masculine Andes
- Zack loves the motion, noise and excitement of a fair, but the only rides he ventures on are fun houses and the occasional bumper cars (with me driving).
- For those who require a little excitement, there is a small amusement park that offers bumper cars for all ages and rides for the kids.
- Noah spots a young woman on the bumper cars, laughing with abandon - who is that?
- Well since we are already here, why don't we start with the bumper cars?
- I saw my crush in line for the bumper cars at the fair, so I went to talk to him after the ride.
- We've got roller coasters of death, water slides of misery, bumper cars of terror, and all the amusement park madness you can handle!
- My friends went on the bumper cars, but couldn't convince me to come along.
- It always seems that a bunch of men get together on the bumper cars and take great joy in bashing each other to bits for the entire day!
- For ten bucks, we could do bumper cars, mini golf, laser tag, and the play-place.
- The bumper cars were very enjoyable but also quite painful, because the students were bouncing from side to side as they got hit.
- For the rest of the morning the four of them went on rollercoasters, bumper cars and all the extreme rides that they saw.
- Its atmosphere ranges from the elegant to the ridiculous, from white tie and tails to barbecue and bumper cars.
- The bumper cars, near the entrance, appeared to be an excellent way to pass the time between queueing for the bigger rides.
- The Stars Wheel, bumper cars, jumping boats, labyrinth, two-storey roundabout, crazy house and musical express are another part of the park.
- We went on every ride on the boardwalk, from the Tilt-O'-Whirl to the bumper cars to the merry-go-round.
- A funfair has cancelled a visit to London after being told that its bumper cars would have to pay the congestion charge.
- I even dream of a water slide area, like the one at Laguna Mar in Margarita and go-cart, bumper cars, Ferris wheel and roller-coaster areas.
- Aside from a mini train, the traffic garden also has a draaimolen (merry-go-round), a swimming pool, a child care center and an arena for cycling and bumper cars.
- Pick something you both dig, like bumper cars or a nature hike.
- She glanced at the line of people waiting for the bumper cars.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.