In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1metepatas feminine informal
- However, when the crowds arrived on Saturday morning the USGA looked like incompetent bunglers to the 10,000 or so of paying punters trying to get into the Bridge Gate.
- These Brits are either bunglers, incompetent, mean-spirited, or they have no minds of their own.
- But these are bad times for organised crime in America - its popularity is down, and the public are more likely to view perpetrators as laughable bunglers rather than coldly efficient professionals.
- My experience is that they are such bunglers that such an offer would be highly irrelevant.
- Contrary to the Hollywood stereotype, the Nazi armies were far from being filled with rigid bunglers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.