In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Far from their learning any lessons, these events drive them closer to bureaucracy, the national bourgeoisie, and imperialism.
- In Germany, a genocidal society was working with state bureaucracy to roll out the massive program of the Holocaust.
- In this case the people are circus performers, not very good ones, and the system is the Communist bureaucracy of Czechoslovakia.
- It is just more socialist bureaucracy and more pandering to the trade union movement.
- It also reduces the links between social democracy and overbearing bureaucracy.
- When Yahoo bureaucracy rules, people die in the health services and the aged in nursing homes are victimised while benchmark payments are pocketed.
- Dawa had been working under Chinese bureaucracy for quite some time.
- Weber's most notable contribution, however, lay in identifying the importance of bureaucracy to modern politics.
- He surveys the continued break-up and decline in influence of the old social democratic bureaucracy and predicts that reaction will benefit.
- I will bet that members opposite will vote for bureaucracy rather than for common sense.
- It is not focused on the growth of the economy, but on the growth of surpluses, welfare dependency, and bureaucracy.
- He believed in the benefits to be gained from freeing people from the shackles of bureaucracy and excessive regulation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.