In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Arrests were made for a variety of offences including burglary, theft and public order.
- But three weeks after his release, he was dealing in heroin and committing burglaries.
- As a result he will urge that crime prevention is focused on routine crimes such as theft and burglary.
- Police say all the property has been stolen in either burglaries or robberies.
- These offenders have recently been found guilty of a number of burglaries and car thefts.
- The number of burglaries, thefts from cars and violent crimes dropped in the Western Bay.
- Other crimes such as burglaries and thefts from cars had decreased, he added.
- Along with stamping out burglaries and thefts, a heavy emphasis is put on personal safety.
- Drink is also a significant factor in street crime, burglaries and theft.
- He also faces charges of conspiracy to commit burglaries and steal motor vehicles in West Yorkshire.
- Police say the problem has a direct impact on pushing up burglaries, robberies and thefts.
- He also pleaded guilty to another two counts of burglary and an attempted burglary.
- The court heard he began committing burglaries at the age of 13 and first targeted churches ten years ago.
- The police suspect one man committed the four burglaries on New Year's Day.
- The theft of a water company's van has sparked fears it might be used to commit distraction burglaries.
- Last week, year-on-year figures showed slight rises in street crime and burglaries.
- An offshoot of these visits can be burglaries and theft of garden equipment and power tools.
- Apart from the burglary figures, crime as a whole was on the decrease, according to Insp Jones.
- A while ago I found out that they'd caught the guy who committed the burglary on my flat at the end of last year.
- Five months later, she cashed two other benefit books after they were stolen in a burglary.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.