In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for oven)quemador masculine
- He had put a wire gauze on top of the burner before turning the gas on.
- The four burner plus grill cook top does not have the usual downdraft exhaust fan for eliminating food odors.
- A professional unit with more than four burners may be good for people who cook frequently or who often cook many things at once.
- Thirteen of us working for five hours in a closed kitchen with molten sugar, hot burners, and open flames.
- On the weekend, I learn to light burners and oven.
- Mismatched mirrors on opposite walls reflected one another, and a coffee maker burned coffee on its burner.
- You know if there is one thing I have learned in running this blog it is never for any reason leave lemons in the burner of a lit gas stove.
- Bending at the waist, she peers beneath the pot, adjusting the burner's blue flame.
- He lit the burner and the fire became at once flames reflected in the window's three panes: smell of sulphur.
- Start up another burner on medium-high heat with a skillet or omelet pan.
- Electric burners usually burn off food spilled on them.
- Versatile and durable, the range includes eight burners, four cast-iron full-surface grates, and a griddle accessory.
- The burners on a gas stove are all the same size, but they can vary in the amount of heat or BTU's that each one puts out.
- Mallory took charge quickly, striking a match and holding it near the base of the burner where the gas slowly leaked out.
- The blue flames of all four burners on the stainless steel hearth are flicked to high.
- The older woman quickly turned put the pan back on the burner and shut the flame off.
- Note that with fuel-fired systems, equipment is often simplified, eliminating a redundant second burner and venting system.
- Noise was coming from the kitchen, and the sound of a burner being lit intruded loudly onto the silence.
- The cooker automatically cuts off the gas supply if the burner is accidentally extinguished.
- He was cooking out of this double burner in the Palmer House.
2(Comput)quemador masculinea DVD burner is fitted as standard — cuenta con un quemador de DVD integral de serie
- I found a 32x (!) burner for less than $80, installed it, and tested it.
- By the same token, even an 8x DVD burner cannot match the burn speeds of dedicated CD burners.
- I am using a duplicator with a professional setup, rather than burning the DVDs myself on an Office Depot burner.
- We have a spin with a DVD burner that burns up to 8x for DVDs and is cheap to boot.
- A home DVD burner like this one can only burn so much info to a DVD.
- The design for the PC's various components are in flux, with hard drives, DVD burners, video cards, memory and motherboards all being reworked.
- Since most DVD burners can read and burn CDs, it's best to make a backup CD to protect your valuable shots.
- This would also be a small test on the drive's ability to read a data CD burned from another burner.
- It was pretty, but also slow and notably devoid of drivers for CD-ROM burners, DVD players and other peripherals essential to the modern desktop computing experience.
- Home/business users will want both a DVD-ROM drive and a CD burner, and possibly a DVD burner.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.