In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1beca de estudios feminineayuda de estudios feminine Spainbolsa de estudios feminine Spain
- Study in America is open to anyone with five GCSEs at Grade C or above and many universities offer substantial bursaries to those unable to pay the full fees.
- The sponsors of the various scholarships and bursaries then presented special awards to the students.
- With student loans, grants and bursaries, they pay for their college education.
- Students can also get bursaries from English universities to help to cover the cost.
- The company also provides bursaries for university students to take part in paid work programmes during their summer vacations.
- So to help students along, Oxford University is offering bursaries of up to £13,000 to families with low incomes.
- She won a Fulbright Scholarship for studies in America and has been awarded numerous Arts Council bursaries.
- Mathers came to France as one of 16 university students who won bursaries from the Canadian Battlefields Foundation to study Canada's war history across Europe.
- The awards will each be worth $3,000 per year, making them among the university's top-valued bursaries.
- He also insisted there was scope to look at more ways of helping students from poorer backgrounds through bursaries offered by universities.
- Previously the bank only awarded bursaries for studies in banking and related fields, she said.
- Warwick University has been running a similar scheme since last year and last week Oxford University announced a bursary scheme for students from poorer backgrounds worth up to £2,000 over three years.
- Towards the end of this year, the Law Society of Namibia will again be looking for candidates to award bursaries for the study of law.
- He hopes bursaries and charitable grants will be available to students who will struggle to meet the costs.
- Last year, Patricia McMahon, who attended St Patrick s Community College, was awarded the bursary.
- In addition to this, many students will be able to apply for bursaries from their University (in addition to the maintenance grant) which also will not need to be repaid.
- A trust was created in Lahana's name to boost the education of nurses through bursaries, travel grants and awards.
- Tessier has been studying religion at Saint Paul University in Ottawa and received a bursary to study English.
- And regardless of financial plight, many schools award bursaries or grants to the children of parents employed in the armed forces or clergy, or as teachers.
- The winner received a bursary to enable the study in Rome for three years of the best examples of Antique and Renaissance art while lodging at the French Academy there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.