nounPlural bush babies
- The island has a colony of flying foxes, bushbabies, monkeys, squirrels and monitor lizards.
- These new finds double the age of the sparse fossil record for lorises and bushbabies, which with lemurs make up a primate group called the strepsirrhines.
- Only in recent decades have prosimians - a suborder of primates that includes lemurs, lorises, bushbabies, and tarsiers - begun to be studied systematically.
- The small cats, bushbabies, hares and hyenas had particularly bright eyeshine, while a herd of wildebeest, sitting, standing, feeding, resting, looked like a string of Christmas lights hanging crazily over the plains.
- However, the rate of GH evolution in the bushbaby (a prosimian) was similar to those in nonprimates.