In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's Monday, and it's a normal business day here.
- The threat environment is different on a normal business day, as opposed to a day when a visiting dignitary and possible terrorist target is visiting a building or complex.
- In general, for local and non-local checks, banks must make $100 available the next business day, or the total amount of the deposit if it's worth less than $100.
- Reports of transactions under $100,000 and some categories of transactions would be due by the close of business on the second business day of the following week.
- New cartridges can be delivered as quickly as the next business day.
- All the banks are closed and any payments will be made the following business day - a day late when going on the date the bill was dispatched.
- These concessions came late on the afternoon of July 3, the last business day before the scheduled Sunday start.
- When I was growing up in Providence, downtown was dank and lifeless after the business day ended - the emptied streets, like those of so many other Northeastern cities on the skids.
- In general, provisional reports are still sent out on the first business day following the autopsy.
- In terms of the former, these staff often work later shifts so that Japanese language capability is available during the hours that overlap with the Japanese business day.
- The costume has versions for men and women, and is worn by many Antiguans and Barbudans on Heritage Day, the last business day before Independence Day, November 1.
- As the European financial markets open, he reports and analyses the events and issues set to have an impact on the forthcoming business day across the continent.
- Hardly a business day goes by it seems without some kind of blockbuster announcement involving the music industry.
- About two-thirds of businesses do collaborative work as a normal part of the business day, and I am sure that most of them know what I am talking about.
- On the 5th business day of the month, if we have not given away at least $1000 worth of gift certificates, there will be a random drawing to give away the remaining amount.
- The end of the US workday overlaps the beginning of the Australian business day, and the end of the Australian workday coincides with the beginning of the business day in Europe.
- For example, schedule telephone calls during the business day along with informational interviews and visits to HR departments at potential work sites.
- If Apr 15 falls on a weekend, the deadline is the next business day.
- A system administrator has been receiving reports of extremely poor system performance at the start of the business day.
- Directors, officers and 10-percent owners must report designated transactions by the end of the second business day following the day on which the transaction was executed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.