In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1traje de oficina masculinetraje de calle masculine
- I got up happily to see Raine watering her flowers again, in a business suit, black skirt and white shirt covered with a black blazer.
- After rising through the flying ranks to captain, he switched his epaulettes for a business suit to move into a corporate job with the airline.
- She was wearing a business suit, black with pinstripes and a white dress shirt beneath the suit jacket.
- I changed into the business suit of a navy blazer and blue skirt and looked in the mirror.
- He wore a large overcoat with glittering buttons, a hat, and a business suit under the coat.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.