In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bustier masculinetop masculine
- Wraparound or flutteringly light dresses, bustiers with tiny shorts.
- Ixta stood up, and ripped off the gown she was wearing, revealing a green bustier, and a green skirt.
- She hit the mark with her houndstooth fit-and-flare skirts, often paired with waist-defining corset bustiers.
- Afterward she slipped on her blue flare pants, which looked like a long skirt and a strapless bustier, royal blue with sequins.
- Instead, its biggest sellers are PVC trousers with matching tops, bustiers and corsets that can be worn out clubbing as well as underneath more sedate outfits.
- I see women in Manhattan wearing leopard-print miniskirts, bustiers and stiletto heels, with platinum-blond hair, and the only way I can infer class distinctions is by the size of the dog they're walking.
- She wore a bustier clad with seashells, and her lower body was covered with fish like scales.
- If you put her in a T-shirt or you put her in a bustier, she's sexy in both.
- PVC corsets, purple sequined cat suits, strappy boots and bustiers provided razzle dazzle while crotch pouches and stockings added even more raunch.
- Wear a silky bustier under your black tailored pantsuit.
- She plays a bar girl whose bustiers keep getting tinier, and someone who keeps Salman able company in more ways than one.
- Dressed in rust-coloured raw silk bustiers and matching chiffon skirts, the bridesmaids included Majella's daughter Siobhán and Daniel's niece Patricia.
- New York fashion shows styled clothes to be layered from bustier to top jacket.
- Net-covered bustiers, two-tone dresses, huge zips on the outside of garments - these are clothes for rarefied tastes and far removed from anything to do with the mass-market high street.
- The work takes us from Hollywood hyperbole and reality TV to video-game warfare and the macho military leader's weakness for glamorous gold bustiers and high heels.
- Corset shirts and rigid cage bustiers accentuate a curvy new silhouette.
- Whenever we see her, she is wearing stylish, provocative clothes, from bustiers to shorts, to crucifixes and big, exotic earrings.
- By 1957's standards, the effect was shocking, as audiences witnessed vivid surgery scenes, bloody battles, and plenty of buxom beauties on hand to fill the screen with their bulging bustiers.
- This night she wore a black bustier, black leather pants and a black overcoat.
- They wobble on their heels and hike up their bustiers as the guys around them attempt to act cool.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.