In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1abrochado por delanteabotonado por delante
- Both feature a six-button front placket, a convertible collar with stays, two button-through pockets (the left pocket has a pencil stall), and both styles have a soil-release and wickable finish.
- The cut-away collars that accommodate fat Windsor knots are giving way to fuller cuts that pinch in neatly under the tie with the use of tabs or poppers (NB: not button-through style).
- The perfect Woodstock look is a pale blue button-through A-line jeans skirt or culottes with a tunic top, and a velvet blazer with vintage-inspired accessories.
- The long-sleeve style has button-through sleeve plackets, adjustable cuffs and a back pleat.
- Look out also for our range of Quality Co-ordinating Polo & Button through Shirts, also available separately.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.