In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Chemistrybutilo masculinebutyl roofing — cubierta de butilo feminine
- These reformulated gasolines contain either corn-derived ethanol or natural-gas derivatives such as MTBE (methyl tertiary butyl ether).
- These may contain solvents such as toluene, isopropryl alcohol, ethyl and butyl acetates, acetone and other ketones.
- The subcommittee is currently reviewing two bills concerning methyl tertiary butyl ether.
- However, in Philadelphia, refineries had reformulated gasoline to include increased concentrations of methyl tertiary butyl ether.
- The most durable exterior house paints are based on acrylic co-polymers of materials like methyl methacrylate and butyl acrylate.
2(butyl rubber)caucho butílico masculine
- I made this last year and the inside of it is a children's plastic sand pit with a butyl liner over it inside a timber frame.
- Several types of synthetic materials also may be referred to as latex (eg, butyl, petroleum-based materials) but these do not contain the proteins that cause allergic reactions.
- Good ventilation, goggles, and butyl or nitrile rubber gloves are essential; work in a hood is recommended.
- Because no appropriate regulations existed in 1969, there was no legal requirement to line the landfill site in order to prevent leakage, thus no butyl membrane was ever applied to the base of the site, as would be the requirement nowadays.
- Seam problems were resolved by the introduction of butyl seam tapes as a replacement for earlier liquid-applied neoprene adhesive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.