In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(customer)comprador masculinecompradora feminineit's a buyer's market — el mercado favorece al comprador
- The idea that house buyers on new estates should purchase their own wheelie bins is ludicrous.
- In the end, we escaped pretty lightly and our buyers supported the market as well as they could.
- It was then that one of my customers asked me to find a prospective buyer for their house.
- Sales in which several potential buyers carried out multiple surveys were a problem for buyers.
- Builders recognise the first-time buyer as a valuable market and build accordingly.
- This increases the difficulties faced by first-time buyers entering the market.
- It is mandatory for the buyer to send the money in advance to get his purchase home delivered to him.
- The anonymous buyer apparently then consumed the contents of the bottle in one sitting.
- By encouraging first time buyers into the market it will bring more movement to it.
- Under the definitions, any major trade buyers would fall foul of the regulations.
- If it doesn't get to profit soon, it will need to recapitalise, or find a trade buyer.
- The investigation also helped police track down alleged buyers of the videos.
- British buyers know they are taking a calculated risk investing in the north ahead of a settlement.
- As we speak, the business is trading on and we are hopeful we will find a buyer.
- He told campaigners that he would speak to representatives in the licensed trade to see if he could find a buyer for the pub.
- A little hope is a powerful thing, especially to a first-time buyer in a hostile market.
- The move has been delayed yet again as our buyer has changed her buyer yet again.
- Yet there is another side to this market - and buyers who ignore it could feel the pinch later on.
- No one knows who bought the cars, as none of the buyers wanted their purchase to be made public.
- New-car buyers have an even better opportunity to avoid paying fuel tax by buying a car with a diesel engine.
(buying agent)encargado de compras masculineencargada de compras feminine
- The M&S buyers would do well to taste this vineyard's Pinot when choosing their next supplier.
- There were fears the new buyer might move manufacturing out of Scotland to cheaper centres in the Far East.
- At the time, he was a fashion buyer with no mountaineering experience - apart from a trip to some rocky Welsh countryside.
- Wholesale buyers no longer come to the fruit and fish markets or to buy fabric and clothing.
- Prior to joining the company, she was a retail buyer for various department stores in the Midwest.
- The response from fashion buyers, the press and the public has been incredible.
- For many manufacturers, the customer is regarded as the retail company's buyer.
- Unfortunately retailer buyers in America are resisting the urge to buy PCs in droves.
- His father was an engineer turned salesman and his mother a retail buyer.
- She was a retail buyer for 5 years before starting a family.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.