In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1palabra de moda feminine
- Far more efficient searches involve specific paedophile buzzwords or phrases documenting particular forms of abuse.
- The terms have become buzzwords for coffee drinkers around the world.
- We hear all the buzzwords and terms, such as ‘bright future’, but what do they actually mean?
- Most of the questions are quite vague, and use lots of buzzwords.
- Backyard biodiversity is the international buzzword, and it could well be a thought for the city residents.
- As India's most fashionable week comes to an end, the buzzword here is business.
- In their statements, they have become expert in using pompous phrases and key buzzwords to cover up ugly banalities.
- The rest of us know this is just propaganda and the terms are just hollow buzzwords that do not match reality of living here.
- It's a buzzword, a catchphrase, and I simultaneously wince and stifle laughter whenever I hear it.
- Walking is a growing segment of soft adventure - the buzz phrase for active travel with modest physical challenge, but with little or no danger.
- Sure, new creative techniques emerged, new buzzwords appeared, new brand theories and media were busy being invented at an ever-increasing rate.
- A new female role model is emerging, and there's even a new buzzword to describe her.
- Uncritical assumptions and buzzwords like these can lead to dodgy design.
- The fashion buzzword is nostalgia and the new look is old-inspired as it is by the 70s and the 80s.
- In all fairness, ‘exile’ has become a buzzword and is fashionable in academic circles.
- Globalisation is an international buzzword, guiding government policies and attracting world wide protest.
- Researchers noted the difficulty of adequately conveying terms such as these to people who were not fully conversant with the latest Western intellectual buzzwords.
- In all such cases, there is a real meaning to the term but as a political buzzword it is rarely if ever defined.
- If natural selection is the buzz phrase of Darwinian theory, then specified complexity is the buzz phrase of the intelligent design movement.
- This winter's fashion has ushered in ‘ladylike’ as a buzzword, meaning that the classics are up for renewal again.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.