In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1byte masculineocteto masculine
- Eight bits make up a byte; a byte typically represents a letter, punctuation mark or digit on your screen.
- The store is misaligned across two cache lines such that the upper eight bytes span a cache line boundary.
- I now know there are eight bits in a byte, and 1024 megabytes in a gigabyte.
- Storage is measured in bytes, one byte containing eight bits, and representing storage for one character in European alphabets.
- Subsequent error-free testing, with the packet set to eight bytes, confirmed that the documentation had been misleading.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.