In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1yate de motor masculine
- On the surface, above the boat, the cabin cruiser sat at anchor.
- He said it has taken the boatbuilders six weeks to careful construct the cabin cruiser and two weeks for the speed boat and fishing boat and they were in the process of just adding the final touches.
- The boat was a small cabin cruiser with an inboard motor.
- And by far the best way to enjoy it is to hire a cabin cruiser and chart a course along its winding length.
- On the lawn outside is an installation of decrepit bits of revolutionary kit, skips and bulldozers turned into tanks, a blitzkreig baker's van and a cabin cruiser incongruously kept in a glass box.
- Once below the rocky shoreline, the reef is a sand and silt bank down to the perimeter of the buoyed-off area, broken by training platforms, old anchors and the remains of a small wooden cabin cruiser.
- One of Scotland's leading businessmen has told how he was seconds from death after a fire engulfed his luxury cabin cruiser while he slept.
- As I surveyed the waterfront, a cabin cruiser pulled up and deposited a large Indian man with gleaming teeth before pulling away again.
- I had a recent pleasant reminder of this two days ago when we took a friend on a short trip up the River Cam in a cabin cruiser.
- Manda turned her head toward the voice, and saw Jackie steering a cabin cruiser.
- We reached the River Ouse and York University's boathouse and saw a cabin cruiser or two and swans.
- Between Saintes and Cognac there are many ways to work up an appetite, navigating your own cabin cruiser up the Charente river, cycling along its tow paths or hiking the maze of country lanes between the two towns.
- It was no cabin cruiser, but with the rudder salvaged from the Minnow, and a mast and sail added, the boat should be navigable.
- Further behind me, a cabin cruiser was steaming to dock in Hamilton for the night.
- Terry decided to highlight the resemblance to a stateroom on a 1930s wood cabin cruiser.
- The cabin cruiser has been detained in dry dock as police and coastguard officials continue their investigation.
- I wanted some company while I fixed up an old cabin cruiser I'd bought.
- From the perspective of the mentees, there is something demeaning about hitching their boat to an elegant cabin cruiser and being towed along in its wake.
- The pair were rescued 28 miles from Port Gregory on Tuesday April 15 after their cabin cruiser drifted off to sea.
- We almost thought both of you were dead when we found Jackie's cabin cruiser.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.