In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It doesn't help that after a month of being back here in Houston with no classes I've been getting cabin fever.
- Some of this might just be cabin fever, a frustration stemming from being cooped up for long periods.
- She had to admit, though, she was getting cabin fever.
- We've come through the thing without a single cross or irritated word and with not a sign of cabin fever.
- Like many people, you may experience cabin fever during the winter months.
- It was like watching a sufferer of cabin fever finally see release.
- ‘People in those areas get cabin fever in the winter and want to get out during the warm months,’ he says.
- Cure a bad case of cabin fever by inviting friends over for an evening of cards or old-fashioned board games.
- I like living in the mountains, but I get cabin fever.
- Jezebel, I suspected, was suffering from cabin fever too!
- On the 8th day, suffering from cabin fever, I decided to chance waiting until almost dark to visit a favorite restaurant on Jomtien Hill.
- But if you take this lull in the schedule to do some planning for next spring, you can satisfy everyone's cabin fever with extra early bouquets and baskets.
- In my advanced state of cabin fever, I bought the snowshoes.
- Everything was frozen, and by April, everyone had cabin fever.
- It's a welcome distraction on long winter evenings to keep you from going nuts with cabin fever.
- Pat is not yet suffering from cabin fever and has no definite plans for the cargo ship that was built in Norway in 1962.
- I had a serious case of cabin fever this weekend because the rain kept us inside.
- But if cabin fever does set in, it's nice to know you can take an excursion or soak up some culture.
- Sometimes I get cabin fever, but generally I don't mind being on my own.
- But at both locations, even longtime residents say the long, dark, cold days of winter can bring about cabin fever.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.