In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ministro masculineministra femininesecretario de Estado masculinesecretaria de Estado feminine
- The police take three weeks to even question the cabinet minister.
- The readjusted salaries are said to roughly equal 2.5 times the monthly salary of a cabinet minister.
- We were the first province to have female legislators and a female cabinet minister.
- He is creating advisory posts in the rank of cabinet minister and political secretaries in the rank of minister of state.
- We have a moronic cabinet minister pushing for environmental disaster because he wants to personally benefit.
- No doubt many first-time delegates enjoyed meeting a cabinet minister and got a taste for politics.
- Their rigid conservatism frustrates all endeavors of a cabinet minister to adjust the service to changed conditions.
- When was the last time that two royals, one of which is heir to the throne, and a senior cabinet minister, left for a foreign funeral?
- It was headed by the secretary of state for foreign affairs, a senior cabinet minister, assisted by two under-secretaries.
- As the system now works, most Canadians elect a backbench member of Parliament, not a cabinet minister.
- But new information now suggests he changed his mind and the government was accused by a former cabinet minister of a cover-up.
- Don't you think that not addressing such a serious commercial threat from a cabinet minister is putting your head in the sand?
- It's quite extraordinary that a cabinet minister with some authority said something and an un-elected adviser slapped him down.
- A cabinet minister couldn't enter his official bungalow for months because the monkeys wouldn't let any body enter the house.
- We have a cabinet minister in this constituency and its about time he delivered for us.
- These moves follow a nationwide debate on medical services triggered by the death of an Indian cabinet minister in August this year.
- The first step is a prime minister or a cabinet minister who tells the truth and can be believed.
- I think we've come full circle when a former cabinet minister interviews a former political editor.
- Many years ago a certain cabinet minister invited me to lunch.
- Then I became a cabinet minister, and that seemed all right, and then we lost that election.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.