In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cablegrama masculine formal
- Second, it broke these expenses down into a large series of cost accounts, tracking everything from the cost of fuel to the charges for cablegrams into separate cost categories.
- My grandmother and father were just sitting down to dinner after coming home from church when the cablegram arrived.
- A doctor did the describing in the interests of VD control, and cablegrams were provided that the men might reassure the folks back home that the 30th had landed having the situation well in hand.
- In the intervals between these desperate and expensive cablegrams to Benghazi - they were long and frequent - my employer would reminisce.
- Although the Office of Censorship did intercept and read letters and cablegrams and tap phone calls, most Americans accepted the abridgment of their First Amendment rights during the global crisis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.