- Together, her many voices create for the reader a symphony, discordant thought not cacophonous, of her being.
- Energy, however, unless properly channeled, formally controlled and orchestrated, can end up as pandemonium - a lot of senseless rushing around and a merciless, cacophonous din.
- He twists and turns in his efforts to get away from the cacophonous dissonance, and then untwists himself to get out of his sheets.
- But the distortion is kept to a minimum as they reach for different tools to hit dizzying new heights, creating cacophonous peaks only to expertly let the moments implode into stark, hypnotic introspection.
- Our past has become the cacophonous cathedral of the American conversation, while our once-ranging future has shrunk into a snug and warm place, as cozy and shag carpeted as a suburban den.