In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- When as a medical student you dissected a cadaver, were there things said and done that left you deeply worried about the respect that you might be shown when you are dead?
- The forms should specifically use the term dissect and specify the use of the cadavers for medical education and research purposes.
- Five of the eight matched pairs were from male cadavers and three were from female cadavers.
- In the second study, the surgeons performed a variety of surgical procedures on a human cadaver.
- Also examined is the use of donated ova from aborted fetuses and cadavers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.