In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
Military Politics Administration
- The Russian nuclear establishment, as befits a large nuclear power, is a mighty one, with many companies, numerous research institutes and an enormous cadre of trained nuclear scientists.
- There is an enormous challenge in training a cadre of highly qualified professionals to fuel development and address the challenges confronting the continent.
- The bosses and [Communist Party] cadres have it easy, they don't have to work overtime.
- Even so, the task of training communist cadres to take over occupied countries was not abandoned.
- No body seemed to be concerned over these announcements and as to why they were announcing to form their own armies and providing arms training to their cadres.
- An excellent cadre of professional managers and strong entrepreneurial orientation has provided a significant competitive edge to the company.
- This means that the cadre of activists who run Scotland's leading party comprise an activist base of in the region of 2,000 people.
- The enormity of biological resources makes a case for raising a whole cadre of highly trained professionals for inventorisation, characterisation and documentation.
- These Communist-era cadres had been brought into the new agency under the prevailing rules of verification.
- He thus appears to remain sufficiently light on his feet to duck frequent fights with his wives, his business competitors, criminal gangs and communist cadres.
- He trained cadres of engineers and built health clinics and schools in Iraq.
- The concept of using the cadre to train the cohort soldiers worked well.
- In a few short years, we could have a sizeable cadre of educated, professional, highly paid people.
- The program is designed to train a cadre of researchers to bridge the processes from scientific discovery through clinical development and regulatory review of new oncology products.
- He was certainly more comfortable in that role than in a revolutionary cadre.
- The institute will also have to train a cadre of dedicated rehabilitation professionals, who can work within the interdisciplinary team and help disabled people navigate the resource maze.
- The cost and engineering problems the Air Force is having with their space programs and in trying to train a solid cadre of qualified and effective space personnel are all too familiar.
- Everything then depends on the existence of Marxist cadres who can politically educate and prepare the most advanced sections of the working population for the struggle for power.
- This requires the political education and training of those forces who will comprise the cadres of the world party of socialist revolution.
- It is only through the cadre that socialist politics and culture can be brought into the working class.
- For Catholic activists, the cadre, if you will, this is a major problem, whatever position, prolife or prochoice, one takes.
- Revolutionary cadres are not indestructible.
- Each party complies with keeping with its own by-laws that are based on the political culture of its cadre and activists.
- However, Communist party cadres still very much controlled everything, and the minders for my visit made out that this was ‘paradise on earth.’
- For economic transformation to be effective the leadership must pay greater attention to modernizing the country's educational system and training new cadres to guide the transition into the new century.
- State-supported art academies on the African continent also began to train a cadre of cosmopolitan artists ready to enter the European marketing loop.
- He grabbed power in a civil war, not a revolution, and advocated voluntarism and cadres to force Socialism rather than evolve it.
- The evidence is that if you train a cadre of teachers in how to use technology effectively, there can be rapid change.
- Quite understandably, his government was never popular among the Communist managerial cadre that lost a sizable part of its influence as well as possibilities for career growth.
- The initiative to developing stronger business cooperatives is focused on training cooperative leaders and a cadre of extension specialists and other technical assistance providers.
- They relate personal accounts of food aid being distributed to the communist cadre or to the military.
- It will also be necessary to train cadre for the purpose.
- Communist cadres, who are used to hearing eulogies from their subordinates and the general public, find such dissent very annoying and naturally want to get rid of it.
- Command cadres there are mainly trained in special military educational institutions.
- Start a school of robotics and a business incubator to go with it, to not only train a cadre of technology workers, but to sell the intellectual property and create the seeds of a home grown tech industry.
- It is a factor in international debate and contributing to the development of a new cadre of socialists who will be instrumental in bringing Marxist thought into the working class by many means, including more traditional means.
- The aim of the bursar programme is to develop a new cadre of professionals with the specialist skills needed to effectively manage school finances and resources and to bring a business dimension to schools' strategic planning.
- The success of outside investment companies in building cell phone systems is due to local cadres of technicians being trained and gaining work experience under the guidance of more experienced employees.
- China's communist cadres wanted them out and so the tanks rolled in.
- The result was a cadre of activists who were well versed in both lofty principles and winning elections, she explains.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.