In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lucha en jaula feminine
- The world of cage fighting has been legitimised, but not homogenised.
- Rosi reckons there are strong similarities between her talents for maths and for cage fighting, also known as mixed martial arts.
- The pay-per-view sport also known as cage fighting has been blasted by Senator John McCain.
- He earned £35 for his first illegal fight, but it was when his two managers persuaded him to go into the cage fighting scene that he earned serious cash.
- In between shots, Larry and I do a lot of cage fighting.
- She quickly mastered the skills of cage fighting by the age of 10 and traveled the world competing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.