In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And they are well aware of our real character, our real calibre, and our real commitment to putting the people first.
- Hunter agreed with his own nod and took out his own revolver, a .45 caliber, long barrel, made custom by the town's gunsmith.
- Candidates of character and calibre with a sense of dedication and social commitment alone are to be elected.
- While the lopsided score may look discouraging to Warrior fans, it is important to consider the bevy of national calibre talent that McMaster has when passing final judgment.
- The gun, fitted with a 51 calibre thermal sleeve encased barrel, fires 6 rounds per minute.
- This was a large calibre assault rifle which could fire up to 1200 rounds per minute.
- The crucial connection between high calibre jobs and high quality leisure and cultural facilities may have been grasped earlier in Dundee than other cities.
- ‘Buying a ticket to a concert does not mean buying an entitlement or a guarantee to any caliber or quality of performance,’ he said.
- A shotgun and a 22 calibre rifle also are believed to still be locked in a cupboard in the house, but police are still making inquiries.
- The success of our initiative is testament to the high quality calibre of the producers in our region.
- There's a single pistol funnel which should handle the majority of pistol calibers and two rifle funnels.
- She added power and solid technical ability, reflecting the SFU rowing program's ability to develop top calibre rowers.
- ‘We work at the highest calibre level and soon our reputation has grown,’ said Moore.
- The Howitzer is equipped with a 39 calibre barrel.
- The competition small bore .22 calibre and the .177 calibre air rifle were a major contrast to the Army issue Steyr.
- Now is the time to contemplate the caliber, barrel length and weight.
- What you have here is a design that will facilitate changing barrels and calibers with a minimum of tools and effort.
- Risk managers are charged with an important function within financial institutions, and to attract calibre candidates, salary levels tend to be competitive.
- A pension can be an attractive perk, helping businesses to attract and retain quality calibre staff, especially if the firm contributes the bulk of the funds in the scheme.
- It was very comforting and reassuring to have such high quality care from high caliber professionals.
- That seems to have been the spiteful remark of an adversary; for at least while Churchill was still in politics, the Congress was staffed, and led by men and women of calibre and integrity.
- Corporations conduct nationwide talent searches for qualified, calibered people to work within high-level positions; why don't we start doing the same searching for female candidates to represent the majority of Americans who are female?
- Others show only a portion of a barrel containing the caliber designation in an ad.
- Adapters and wads are available for most handgun and rifle calibers, and 12-gauge shotguns.
- Of course, changing calibers requires having a barrel that has already been zeroed.
- The barrel flutes vary in size for different calibers and barrel lengths, and perform a couple of functions.
- The enclosed facility is Olympic caliber in size and quality, and you'll likely witness local talent of near-similar ability.
- SIR - I am sure that it is an utter disgrace to have men of this calibre and quality in jail because they are trying to defend their own and their families' lives.
- The company's legacy began with a single .38 Special case, and now includes 60 different calibers for handguns and rifles.
- I have stared down the barrel of a .44 caliber S and W without so much as a flinch, and here I was nervous.
- Members of Parliament who have already debated and have complained about the quality and calibre of some of the personnel we have sent on foreign missions.
- It's very rare that players of his calibre and quality become available
- It told everyone you drove a vehicle of calibre and quality - and that you knew Ford sold all the cheapest replacement parts in Halfords.
- In line with our continuing quest for excellence, we are seeking for high calibered and dynamic young people to join our team of professionals.
- Factor in all finishes, grip frames, barrel lengths and calibers and one has 48 choices when it comes to selecting an Open-Top.
- The barrels of the .30 calibers were stuck in the ground.
- There was a slight additional charge for other calibers and barrel lengths.
- We have ample of foreign language resource available here, high calibered translators are present here in Mumbai for all the languages and we can offer completely error free interface in mentioned languages apart from English.
- He is a man of the highest calibre and integrity, leading a professional team of officers acting entirely independently and objectively in pursuit of the criminals concerned.
- Love them or hate them, leaders of high calibre have the ability to grip the imagination; to make people feel that they've been swept up and carried in a direction of great promise.
- Improved projectiles were as important as larger calibres and longer barrels.
- For larger calibers and long-gun bores, the 3 - Piece Large Rifle Calibers and Shotgun Kits contain a larger-diameter rod.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.