In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1distintivo de llamada masculine
- And he once gave a Morse Code rendition of his station's call letters by blowing through a plastic airplane - shaped gadget called a nose flute.
- While his radio home call letters have changed, his opinionated style has not.
- At 5: 30 a.m., we'd pull into the station lot and park, often next to a Humvee painted with the station's call letters.
- Even now, walking into a store that had CBS on the stereo, to hear the call letters was the equivalent of comfort food; the warm, cozy feeling of your past reaching out to give you a squeeze.
- Perhaps appropriate to Helton's later involvement in NASCAR, the call letters stood for ‘Watch Our Popularity Increase.’
- The bold red letters in the bottom left hand of the screen, directly above the station's call letters, seemed at odds with the what the woman was conveying.
- The next year, when I moved to California, just having their call letters on my otherwise unimpressive resume was enough to land me my first paid radio job.
- We will post their call letters on our front page Monday.
- Being on WGN tonight reminded me that call letters for radio and TV stations often used to be chosen as acronyms for something else.
- To top it off, they were changing the call letters.
- According to his family, most of his problems started last year, when he had the call letters of an Illinois radio station tattooed on his forehead..
- It modestly took the call letters WGN, shorthand for ‘World's Greatest Newspaper.’
- Tom recognized the call letters to the radio station in the area.
- When I was in radio, I worked at a station with the call letters of KOCC.
- According to the city, its call letters weren't registered.
- Executives are now debating a change in name, however they are now finding that many similar call letters are already taken.
- It seems anyone with a microphone and call letters has questions for Brees, who doesn't know when to say when on interview requests.
- They also have a list of the stations, call letters, and times of the program's airing.
- It was a panel truck with the call letters across the side.
- As a result, you may find yourself in the embarrassing situation of calling what you believe to be different stations because they have different call letters and different phone numbers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.