In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tarjeta de visita feminine
- With modern technology, via computers, making calling cards would be a simple accomplishment in most treatment programs, but it could have far-reaching future effects for clients.
- Viewers on either side of the world now share knowledge of these soft white papers, delicately wrapped parcels and small metal plates, the same shape as calling cards and full of curious codes.
- While I was at the hospital the other day I saw an advert for a range of calling cards bearing sarcastic messages which can be placed under the windscreen wipers of offending vehicles.
- I don't have time to talk right now but I'll leave my calling card.
- His calling card introduces this top-hatted Dickensian figure as Jerry Sadowitz, Comedy, Magic, Filth.
- On arrival, each dater will be given calling cards, a badge and a mission to hand out as many cards as possible to those they fancy, and hopefully they'll get some cards back.
- A leaflet drop targeting wanted suspects caused 14 people to turn themselves in after officers left calling cards on their doorsteps.
- Annie gave Irene a copy of their itinerary with a stapled calling card on the leftmost top of the paper.
- Thinking about cards, I do think it would be really helpful to have a picture on your calling card.
- Over the weekend we'll print off a batch of business cards for Graham and calling cards for me and recoup the cost of the entire printer in one smooth operation.
- Few of them can expect a calling card from him in their letter box in the new year.
- Sometimes I'll carry around calling cards and casually hand them to people I want to spend more time with.
- For years I've ignored ‘professional’ business cards in favor of cards like this that work more as calling cards.
- My friends noticed and liked my calling cards and began to ask me to design and make cards for them.
- Hundreds of photographers specialize in ‘head shots’ - publicity stills that actors give away as casually as calling cards.
- Do you think calling cards and guest books should be resurrected?
- Inside rested one of Sir Miley's calling cards.
- It was certainly an evening of lively inter-change, for even I departed with some 20 calling cards, phone numbers and appointments in my pocket.
- Information on the calling cards for clients is designed as a means to identify some positive aspects of the recovering women.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.