In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1butano masculinegas butano masculinesupergás masculine River Plate trademark
- Mind you, it's a bit of a trial cooking on a Calor gas stove, but we managed.
- We have a garage repairs shop and we also supply Calor gas.
- Their original idea for Calor gas heaters was amended and the corps' parents and supporters group decided that halogen heaters would be safer in a wooden building.
- Its remaining turnover came from the sale and haulage of equipment and the sale of Calor gas.
- It is a three-wheeler Mini, and it originally ran on petrol or Calor gas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.