In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- No more than 30 percent of all the calories your child eats should be fat calories.
- Physical activity helps control weight by burning excess calories that would otherwise be stored as fat.
- Less than 30 percent of your total daily calories should come from fat.
- Playing basketball can burn about 420 calories per hour.
- They are helpful because they contain about 100 calories of carbohydrate energy, with varying amounts of vitamins and minerals.
- A good way to provide additional protein without adding extra calories is by using a protein powder.
- Although sugar is lower in total calories per gram than fat, it contributes mightily to a fatty frame.
- Unfortunately, that much juice will add hundreds of excess sugar calories to your diet.
- A dieter needs a higher percentage of calories from protein just like an athlete does.
- However, calories are calories, and to lose weight, you need to cut back.
- They can be entertaining, but it's like eating empty calories.
- "Five hundred calories per hour, " she muttered and stabbed her ski poles meaningfully into the soft snow.
- Calories from carbohydrates provide energy, while protein is needed for growth and tissue repair.
- Because a greater percentage of fat is burned at lower intensities, people assume more fat calories are expended.
- Each pound of fat your body stores represents 3,500 calories of unused energy.
- Researchers also advocate walking an extra mile each day to burn extra calories consumed.
- A good laugh can burn up as many calories per hour as brisk walking.
- Donnelly speculates that women may burn fewer calories during their workouts because they are physically smaller than men.
- Experts recommend that active women get at least 55 percent of their calories from carbs.
- By 1986, I was taking in 5,000 calories per day in the offseason.
2also CalorieCooking(kilo)caloría feminineto count the calories — contar las calorías
- before noun food with a low calorie content — alimentos de bajo contenido calórico
- a calorie-controlled diet — una dieta / un régimen bajo en calorías
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.