In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- With all these measures and the consumption of horses, dogs, cats, and rats, each working man got about a tenth of the normal calorific intake.
- Leaving aside the high calorific content, this type of food is actively bad for you and will deplete your immune system.
- Currently on his world tour, he has been bombarding the Evening Press with emails detailing his daily calorific intake.
- In fact, the calorific difference between a glass of red and white wine is marginal, but the potential health benefits to your heart of a soft, lushly fruited Syrah like this tips the balance towards the red.
- I am sure if I had his kind of metabolism I would be able to enjoy such a calorific dinner, but as I don't I am happy to stick to smaller, safer, appetizers instead.
- In official quarters, there is also a refusal to admit that society's obsession with the safety, calorific content, amount or quality of the food that we eat is more unhealthy than any number of fad diets or burger bars.
- It is an orgy of calorific excess.
- Moreover, many of those who have good access to sufficient food for their calorific needs nonetheless suffer from nutrition insecurity.
- His daily calorific intake may reach a whopping 7,000 calories.
- Last week, science was busy counting the calorific intake of Homer Simpson, concluding his addiction to doughnuts places his fat intake on the high side.
- The traditional Okinawan diet, he said, is high in green and yellow vegetables, as well as tofu in various forms, but low in calorific density.
- He seldom touches food with a high calorific content, like beef.
- Some labels will carry information on the right calorific intake for an ‘average’ person, but that is not helpful for the many non-average consumers.
- She and her other two cast mates are left to dig into the naughty, calorific buffet.
- At the very least, consumers have to be told the calorific and fat content, maybe even the saturated fat.
- The average daily calorific intake of the Bushmen women seems to be about 1100 calories.
- I have been resupplying the boat with food which is an interesting task as you have to keep it simple, light, calorific and easy to cook.
- A diet rich in fat is therefore concentrated and calorific, and tends to lead to obesity.
- Two party patrons swooning over the calorific Oreos were Patty Godfrey and Lyn Stewart.
- Here, calorific intake, as well as how much oxygen a child breathes and how much carbon dioxide is exhaled, can be precisely recorded.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.